Friday, April 30, 2010

Solvang Custom Knife Show

Recently returned from the Solvang Custom Knife Show which took place Saturday Apr. 24th.  This was an all drawing (i.e. lottery) format show, previously it was more along the lines of a traditional show; first come first served show.  I believe the consensus was that it worked out well and most buyers & sellers were pleased.  I got "skunked" myself, not drawn for the right to purchase any knives, however, I still came home with knives.  I had a delivery from C Gray Taylor and I purchased a Busfield from a friend.   Even though the format was lottery there was plenty of buying/selling before, after and at the show.  Great conversations and food at the show and the Bar-B-Que that evening, held at the Gainey Winery and Ranch was lots of fun.  It is great seeing the familiar faces and meeting new people.  The camaraderie is a highlight of the event [and most every knife show I attend].

Well here is another best part of the show, my acquisition;



C Gray Taylor Sleeveboard gentleman's folder with two blades, nail file and scissors.  The liners, pins, screw & tension bar in the scissors and the tip bolsters are all of 14k gold.  The antique Tortoise shell handles are inlaid with green and rose gold with highlights engraved by Tim George.

This is a knife that I look at and it makes me smile!

1 comment: