Sunday, April 18, 2010

I would like to introduce you to, if you are not already familiar with, the work of Jody Muller.

I've known Jody for several years now and I am continually impressed by his knives.  Jody's work generally falls into the art knife category.  Though he occasionally collaborates with other makers, most notably Michael Burch when they make Damascus together, Jody's knives are generally sole authorship.  Aside from the basic knife construction, he makes his own Damascus and does his own engraving.   Here are some examples of Jody'e work;






Here are a few with some engraving that has really impressed me;

One of my favorite themes from Jody is dragons;













Here are some close ups of the engraving;













Hope you have enjoyed seeing the work of Jody Muller.

No comments:

Post a Comment