Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Michael Burch and Knifeology Every Day Carry Limited Edition (BKEDC)


Michael Burch (Burchtree Bladeworks) and Knifeology.com will soon be presenting a Limited Edition of 10 knives along with 2 Prototypes of the BKEDC (Burch Knifeology Every Day Carry) knife.  The genesis of the BKEDC was a conversation I had with Michael about his KW13 model that I had been using as my EDC.  It is a great knife but I wanted something lighter weight and I wanted Michael's signature Hamon on my EDC.  Michael put this knife together for me (top one) and I have been using it for over a year.  Everyone I've shown it to and let handle it has said they wanted one.  Pictures of my original KW13 and the precursor to the BKEDC are below.  Notice the difference in the thickness of the stock resulting in the lighter weight for the BKEDC Knife.



The 2 prototypes will be dressed up versions of the knife, the first of which is pictured below;






This knife along with the Limited Edition of 10 BKEDC's will be released and sold exclusively through the Knifeology.com website.

No comments:

Post a Comment